Without a doubt, there is something for everyone on YouTube. From vlogs that are genuinely authentic to those where there is clearly a lot of production work and scripting undertaken. There are so many vlogs being created that it is impossible to keep up with them all although this is possibly one of the most comprehensive lists of YouTubers sharing their journey and lives in Portugal.
Thank you to all the ‘YouTubers’ who are letting people like me, have an insight into your lives as you move or live in Portugal. Please support them by subscribing, liking and commenting on those you enjoy. Above all, be polite and considerate in all your interactions with them.
In no particular order….
Renovating a house in Portugal and videos of properties for sale in Portugal.
Our Portuguese Homestead
Young family living off-grid.
A British couple, living VanLife in Spain, looking to buy land in Portugal.
Good Morning Portugal
Variety of daily and weekly live shows, including the daily Good Morning Portgual show.
Girl Meets Farm
Buying a farm in Portugal following a move from South Africa
Bela Pedra – Cindy Vine
A small ruin on 2.5 hectares.
The Indigo Escape
Renovating a house with 0.2 hectares on a limited budget.
Fonte da Pipa
A large working farm was severely damaged by wildfires.
Make Do Grow
Renovating a house in Portugal.
Building an off-grid community.
Luke & Sarah’s Off-Grid Life
The Sunny Saudade Project
A young couple restoring a farm in central Portugal
Real Algarve Living
Renovating a farm and other property in the Algarve
Solo 50plus Expat Portugal
Moving to Portugal ‘Luise’ style.
Farmer for Fun
A large cherry farm in Central Portugal.
Frankie On The Road
A couple living off-grid in Central Portugal.
The Portugal Project
Buying and renovating two properties in a deserted village.
Van-life on a plot of land in Portugal.
Good Morning Portugal weekday show and Portugal Calling webinar series.
A small farm on 3.5 hectares.
Recently there has been an explosion of YouTubers documenting their move to Portugal. I have listed many below although the regularity and consistency of updates may vary considerably.
- A Farm To Start – A Portuguese man working the land in the region of Castelo Branco
- A Small Alentejo Homestead – Family from Holland are building a homestead on 6 hectares of land in the Alentejo
- Algarve Life & Nature – A German immigrant restoring a property and living in the Algarve
- Alex Farms Off Grid – Ukrainian immigrant who moved to Portugal on a 28 hectares farm in the region of Castelo Branco
- American in Portugal – Adventures of an American Expat living in Portugal
- Andy Cline – American couple documenting their move to Portugal
- Back to Roots – A couple returning to Portugal to start a homestead
- Bionda Eliza – Family living van-life off-grid in Central Portugal
- Building The Dream Portugal – Family renovating a small farm in Central Portugal
- Casa Criativa – Couple renovating semi-off-grid farm in Vale the Prazeres in central Portugal
- Debsdialogue – A couple living on a mountain in Central Portugal
- Faith Canter – Living a simple, real, nourishing and full life on a farm in Portugal
- Finca Life – A British couple renovating a Finca in Spain. Let’s crack on….
- Finding The Bliss – A couple homesteading in Portugal
- Footloose Crafters – A couple originally living who have renovated a small village house
- Golden Eagle – The “great escape” from Germany to Portugal
- Greg Judy Regenerative Rancher – Possible one of the most educational regenerative farmers on YouTube
- Have Homestead Will Travel – A small homestead in Central Portugal combined with van-life
- Healthy Roots & Strong Wings – A family of four living a sustainable life in the Alentejo
- Howard’s Portugal – A couple who quit their job, sold up and moved to a farm in Portugal
- Hygge Journey – The practical and financial perspective of moving to Portugal
- It’ll Be Fun – An American couple and their son living on the island of Madeira
- Keela Permaculture Farm – A community living together in Central Portugal undertaking permaculture, agroforestry and reforestation
- Life by Ricky – A couple living on a 1.2 hectares off-grid farm in Central Portugal
- Life Reimagined – A couple aiming to build an eco-tourism project and other business activities in the Algarve
- Life redefined – The Souters – A British family living off-grid in Central Portugal on 0.2 hectares of land
- Lisbon Diaries – A couple living in Lisbon, Portugal
- Living in the Algarve Portugal – A couple currently searching for their dream property in the Algarve
- Living The Life Portugal – A family of three living in central Portugal following several years of van-life.
- Maya Feliz – A single person creating a self-sustaining off-grid life in Central Portugal
- MeetCarolas – A couple sharing their “moving to Portugal” and “How to videos”
- Mindful Vanlife – A single person’s journey from van-life to purchasing a property in Portugal
- Mr and Mrs Adventure – A couple who are currently living van-life while searching for their ideal property in Portugal
- My Portugal Dream – A single person who bought a village house for under €10,000
- Nearby Veggies – A couple restoring an abandoned farm in Portugal
- Not Your Average Gringos – A couple restoring a ruin in Portugal
- Now or Never – A couple renovating a house in Portugal
- Off Grid Fairy Life in Central Portugal – A family living a healthy, natural and sustainable way of life
- Off-Grid Quinta Katinka – A couple refurbishing an abandoned small olive farm in Portugal
- Our Continuing Adventure – A couple living in Porto
- Our Journey on Pico Island – A couple living on Pico Island in the Azores
- Our Off Grid Quinta – A couple living off-grid in a yurt in Central Portugal
- Part-Time Portugal – A family from the UK living part-time in Portugal
- Pensioners in Portugal – A British couple living a combination of van-life and at their Portuguese property
- Portugal DREAMZzz – A couple and their daughter renovating a small quinta in the region of Castelo Branco
- Portugal from Scratch – A Canadian restoring a ruin and creating an off-grid life in Central Portugal
- Portuguese Quinta Garden Culinária – A South African couple building their home in Portugal
- Portuguese Utopia – A British couple restoring a village house in Portugal
- Project Portugal – A couple restoring a farm in Central Portugal
- Pursuing Timeless – An American couple living in Tomar, Central Portugal
- Quinta Life – Homestead in Portugal – A UK couple just starting on their homestead adventure in the Alentejo, Central Portugal
- Real Life Off Grid – A family of four travelling around Central Portugal looking for an off-grid property
- Richard Perkins – Probably the most authoritative YouTuber on regenerative farming
- Rideout Project DIY – A couple starting their restoration of a village house in the Leiria region of Central Portugal
- Simple Life Portugal – A couple who have built their own off-grid home in Northern Portugal
- Simples Na Serra – A couple who left the UK to live simply in Portugal
- Simply Living in Portugal – A couple living self-sufficiently in the mountains of Central North Portugal
- Smithsdale Farm – A young couple building a homestead in the Spanish mountains
- Tapas and Fika Brits in Portugal and Sweden – A couple who split their time between Portugal and Sweden
- The Indie Project – A couple of property developers creating a property portfolio in Portugal.
- The Mitchells’ Journey – A family of five looking to live off-grid in Central Portugal
- The Orange Homestead – Two Portuguese sisters restore a house and convert a barn on their small farm.
- The Origin Homestead – A young couple living off-grid in the region of Castelo Branco
- The Quinta – A couple restoring a Portuguese quinta and other properties in the Algarve
- The Wildlanders Off Grid – A family living off-grid in the region of Castelo Branco
- The Newbys – A family restoring a farm in Northern Portugal
- Uma Casa Verde – A couple living in a traditional Portuguese village
- Van Anna X – A couple recently bought a farm in central Portugal
If you would like your YouTube channel to be added to the list, please email me at hello@OurFarmPortugal.com and I’ll check it out.